This is a 26-track experimental LP album. 20 tracks for AlgoRHYTHMIC LP, and 6 tracks for the extended EP. (Downloaded Separately)
This digital download comes complete with all 20 tracks, as well as documentation describing the creative processes of the creation of this album. This digital download also includes a music video of one of the tracks featured on the extended playlist album.
(Download Extended EP Album Here:
Each individual track/composition explores different ideas and techniques that are capable of making either music, or a specific sound. These ideas are then composed, arranged and recorded for your ears.
Below is a list of all the tracks in this long playlist with it's initial ideas and approaches:
1. Pilcrow - Working with sounds of cars and the street, combined with polyrhythmic piano motifs and a brush kit.
2. Live, Life, Love, Laugh - Using acoustic guitar with heavy reverb and effects, mixed with a slightly stretched audio file of children playing creates this wonderfully peaceful soundscape composition.
3. It's All About Timing - Using many contrasting drum loops playing over each other to create a sonic world of percussion. All mixed with soothing mallets and resonating bass.
4. Four Leafed Clover - Using a mixture of drones combined with a Tibetan Singing Bowl and Electric Guitar to create a soaring ambient soundscape.
5. Dreamcatcher - Using loops of guitar and a gospel choir combined with bass, piano and strings mixed with a sonic illusion, all based around sounds of ocean waves
6. AlgoRHYTHMIC - An algorithmic microtonal composition I created using the English alphabet.
I assigned every letter of the English alphabet to a 26-note microtonal scale before writing a short poem.
Then I used this poem and literally "played" each word.
After this, I edited each "word" to have its own characteristics which became this ambient piece you hear now.
7. Litost - An experimental soundscape composition using only sounds made by the human voice/mouth.
8. Clueless - Using a combination of edited audio loops and software instruments with an underlying text to speech voice.
9. Speed Of Thought - Exploring with audio loops mixed with heavily distorted Organ and Piano
10. ExperiMENTAL #1 - Working with Korg Monotron Decay Analog Synthesiser.
11. ExperiMENTAL #2 - Working with Korg Monotron Decay Analog Synthesiser.
12. ExperiMENTAL #3 - Working with Korg Monotron Decay Analog Synthesiser.
13. ExperiMENTAL #6 - Working with a Clarinet and metal bowls with the Korg Monotron Decay Analog Synthesiser.
14. ExperiMENTAL #8 - Using a famous speech from JFK, I used his voice as the "melody" to create a strange ambient soundscape.
15. ExperiMENTAL #9 - Exploring the idea of working with sonic illusions to create abstract soundscapes.
16. ExperiMENTAL #1O - Experimenting with a vocal audio loop using flex timing and time stretch with pitch shifting creating contrasting, harsh frequencies.
17. ExperiMENTAL #11 - Time stretching a vocal loop while playing ascending chromatic major chords with an organ to produce contrasting harmonies.
18. ExperiMENTAL #12 - Using a combination of modular synthesiser loops to create a time-stretched soundscape of strange sounds.
19. ExperiMENTAL #13 - Exploring sounds of the city night-life combined with sweeping effects and other interesting sounds.
20. What Was That? - Combining different sonic illusions mixed with white noise creating an interesting effect of never ending music.
released July 18, 2016
Composed, Arranged and Recorded by Antoine Bellavance
Dream Big Audio Productions
© Antoine Bellavance 2016
Sourced sounds and samples:
Converse Sound Library